Monthly archives: September, 2008

Selling Principal Place of Residence to Hybrid Trust

Question My wife and I currently own a house which is our principal place of residence. We purchased the property in 2001.We are constructing a new home and are planning to move into the property when it is completed. This property is also in joint names.We are considering keeping the existing house as an investment …

Application of Capital Gains Tax

Question I purchased a property with my late wife as tennants in common in 1979 prior to the introduction of capital gains tax.In 1989 my wife passed away. We had lived in the property from it’s purchase.On my wife’s death the title to the property was automatically transferred/transmitted into my name soley. I continued to …

Business Structure

Question I have clients in NSW who recently bought a B&B business and were advised by a previous financial adviser to hold both the freehold property and the business in a DFT with both of the individuals named as trustees and beneficiaries. They are unable to recall the specific reasons they were advised to use …

Have a question about tax you need answered?

Ask your own tax question here

In addition to the Ask Ban Tacs service, the BAN TACS Accountants group offer a selection of digital products to help you including Getting Your Affairs in Order, The Property Cashflow Calculator and The Capital Gains Tax Calculator.

Visit the BAN TACs Shop