Category «Capital Gains Tax – Your Home»

CGT on Inherited Rental/Main Residence

Question Dianne is the executor and beneficiary of Gary’s Will. Gary died on the 5 December 2018 leaving a residential property (“the property”) to Dianne. Dianne seeks advice in relation to the deceased’s estate’s potential liability for Capital Gains Tax following the proposed disposition of the property. The background to the use and ownership of …

How is a granny flat right created?

Question My situation involves a granny flat interest and possible capital gains tax implications. In late 2017 my parents gave me 300k as a bank transfer for a deposit on a house with a granny flat attached. No legal documents were drawn up with reference to the transaction at the time and none have been …

. .
Have a question about tax you need answered?

. Ask your own tax question here for only $79.95