Category «Capital Gains Tax – Your Home»

Moving Into Your Rental Property

Question My wife and I have recently sold our PPR in Sydney and we want to move into our smaller investment property that we have owned and rented out for 8 years. Should I get a current valuation in order to calculate the CGT for when we sell the property in the future? Thanks, Ross …

Merging Two Apartments

Question CGT Question. My partner and I currently own the apartment above our primary residence and have treated it as an investment. Since purchase in 2016, it has been tenanted and negatively geared. We are now exploring the possibility of knocking the two apartments into one – which would be our primary residence. The property …

Have a question about tax you need answered?

Ask your own tax question here