Category «Holding Property in SMSF»

Retiring to a House Owned by Your SMSF

Question I am 63 yo and have reached retirement age. My SMSF has a residential property asset (no outstanding mortgage). I would now like to live in the property. I would like to make an in specie transfer of the asset from the SMSF into my name without the need for cash to change hands …

Buying a Farm to Retire to in Your SMSF

Question I am planning to set up an SMSF. I am transferring my industry fund to an SMSF after receiving a redundancy in 2019. The current balance in the Super account is $350,000. It will be a joint SMSF with my partner, who has an old super fund with just a few hundred dollars in …

Transferring Property Out Of Your SMSF

Question Seeking to clarify what are the actual rules around someone that has reached preservation age 57 being able to now keep or use the investment property that is currently in the SMSF title and was purchased outright through the SMSF using Concessional contributions ie SG amounts? (has been rented previously with income following into …

Have a question about tax you need answered?

Ask your own tax question here

In addition to the Ask Ban Tacs service, the BAN TACS Accountants group offer a selection of digital products to help you including Getting Your Affairs in Order, The Property Cashflow Calculator and The Capital Gains Tax Calculator.

Visit the BAN TACs Shop