Monthly archives: March, 2018

Airbnb and the main residence exemption

Question This question relates to renting out our apartment while travelling for work. My husband bought the apartment in the eastern suburbs (with mortgage) in 2006 that is in his name. My husband runs a medium sized not-for-profit company that puts on cultural events in Sydney, interstate and sometimes overseas. He also has a tour …

2 year overseas posting

Question Hi, If an Australian Resident Tax payer who was posted overseas in Japan for a period of two years (He was based in Tokyo for the whole duration ) was paid the following allowance’s In addition to his normal salary: Expat Allowance- Taxed Location Adj- Taxed Trans Assist- Taxed Untaxed Cost of Living Allowance. …

Have a question about tax you need answered?

Ask your own tax question here